Sunday, May 6, 2012

this is a title

Hello there! I'm currently in an intense allergy haze, so forgive me if this gets a little crazy...

My name is Lauren McCleery, but most people call me Smalls. I'll answer to anything, though. :)
Let's see... I just finished my Senior year at IWU, and I graduate in December. I didn't start off with nursing, so I had a little catching up to do. I live in Gahanna, Ohio, which is about which is 15 minutes outside of Columbus. I have an 18 year old sister named Taylor, who will be graduating from high school 2 days after we return. I also have three ridiculous dogs, Tyler, Hattie, and Harper.

Class of 2012 Pinning Ceremony 
I have been an RA for three years now, and I love all things ResLife. I'm also a writer and actor for our university's production of Friday Night Live (just like Saturday Night Live). I love theatre, film, and comedy. My dream is to be a writer for SNL or a show like Modern Family. I don't know how that will work with nursing, but we'll see.
I have a big heart for the forgotten and underserved. I especially care for those who have been hurt by the church, and I hope to help create new bonds. When it comes to the type of nursing I would like to pursue, it involves community health, probably in a clinic setting. For the last two years, I haven't been able to get Los Angeles out of my head... I can't explain it. Oddly, it has nothing to do with my love for entertainment. I don't know if I'll end up there, but I'm so excited to see what the future holds. I love traveling, so I'm open to almost anything.

Random list of favorites, in no particular order...

Cake: vanilla
Coffee drink: Cubano
TV show: Modern Family... and Jeopardy
Dog: all three of mine
Town in Florida: St. Augustine
Foods: Salmon, peanut butter, macaroni and cheese, green beans (not together)
Movie: Big Fish
Color: green
Hunger Games character: Peeta (go figure)
School subject: English
Marine creature: seahorse
Number: 14

Alright, that's all I have for now. This allergy headache is taking over. I'm so excited to experience this adventure with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment