Friday, May 4, 2012

I Hope This Blog Doesn't Make Me Sound Boring.

Hi! My name is Emily Larson, and I am a senior nursing major at Indiana Wesleyan University. I am from the Chicagoland area, and I am SO looking forward to Kenya! For the past two summers, I have gone to Brazil for missions work. Other than that, this will be my first time to Africa and my first nursing focused trip! I had originally intended on going to Sierra Leone through Indiana Wesleyan this summer, but the trip got cancelled. I was left feeling pretty discouraged, and I really was not looking to go on a different trip. However, once I returned to school after Christmas break, I was told that I should really look into Kenya since I am really wanting to pursue a career in pediatrics. The more I researched and talked to other people - the more my interest was peaked and now I will be going to Kenya in ten days! I have been feeling for a few months now that God really has wanted me to go to Africa next, and I know He was the one lying this opportunity in my lap!


Since other girls are putting some fun facts I can too -

That's me up there. ^
I love to be crazy and dance around wearing bright colored clothing. =]
I can say the alphabet faster backwards than I can say it forwards.
I love cities.
I love my family and friends more than anything.
I love kids.
I took the strengths quest this semester and discovered my strengths are arranger, positivity, input, empathy, and responsibility - just in case you were wondering!
I love trying new things, but I hate change.
I am a planner.
I'm dating a boy named Ben, and he makes me smile.
I work as an Assistant Resident Director in a freshmen dorm at IWU.
I, along with Lindsay, will be the first to live all four years of college in North Hall - which is comprised of all freshmen girls!
And I discovered this semester that one of my hobbies is sitting in coffee shoppes for hours on end either talking, surfing the web, studying, or reading.

Okay that's it! I hope no one is mad that I didn't write as much! I'm excited to meet the rest of the team and to get to share the Kenya experience with all of our blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment