Sunday, May 13, 2012

AHH! We leave tomorrow!! :D


Hey Y’all! AHHH we leave tomorrow!! Ok ok I must contain myself….anywho my name is Page Victoria Prokop and I have also survived to be a senior nursing student! YAY!  I’m a pretty big nerd so let me break this thing down for you in SBAR style.

nursing:  it kicks my butt..but i really do love it! 
S (Situation): The situation is that tomorrow, yess…tomorrow morning the other two nursing girls and I from George Fox are leaving out of Portland and flying to Amsterdam, meeting up with the IWU girls and then going to KENYA!!!  My bags are packed and most of the time I find myself screaming with excitement! However, I will miss my fiancé and family dearly! When I come back I’ll be single for another 9 days and then getting married to this handsome military man who makes me the happiest girl in the world..(Christopher) on June 9th, 2012! So this is my last trip as Page Prokop!

This is him! :)
B (Background): I’ve lived my entire 21 years of  life basically broiling in the desert of Phoenix, Arizona! So naturally I found the place with the most drastic weather change to go to college- George Fox University in Oregon!
  •         Even though I have a mother who is a nurse, I believed that I definitely did not want to be a nurse growing up!  All the stress at a hospital setting just didn’t seem that appealing as a child. However I’ve learned a lot! I don’t have to be a nurse in a hospital. Sure I probably will just to gain some experience, but ultimately I can travel and me a nurse in Africa and other third world countries!  My dream is to be a nurse in the US but be able to take time off and travel the world as a nurse missionary! I can’t wait!
  •         Part of the reason I LOVE AFRICA so much is because I actually went on a missions trip with my mom and a few people from my church to Uganda about 6 years ago. It was AMAZING! I love the people there. I’ve also been to Mexico and Amsterdam. Getting to travel the world and serve others through nursing is my ideal dream.
  •        One of the main reasons I chose George Fox University was because of their nursing missions trip to Ethiopia, Africa! I thought that if there was one reason I go to this University it is so that I can go on this trip! I was naturally devastated when the Ethiopia trip was canceled unexpectedly.  Nevertheless, God never fails!  He found this awesome group of IWU girls to go to Kenya with to do this nursing focused missions trip! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!
  •         Random:  I have a huge sweet tooth, no need to ask me if I am hungry because I almost always am, I love horses, chickens, and going country dancing is the best (Although I’ll dance to just about anything), I also love volleyball and being on the George Fox Soccer team this past fall was soo fun!

A (Assessment): My relationship with Jesus is a day-to-day relationship that continues to surprise me and pull me through circumstances.
-       One of my favorite things in the world is when it seems like I’m taking the most difficult route in life where I know I cannot accomplish on my own and then BAM! Things pull through and I know that it was God who got me through it all! I love choosing the hard way.  I love change. Even though it is one of the scariest things ever, I think it is the coolest thing to just take a leap and trust that God will always provide my needs.  I like the unexpected circumstances that make for great stories. While I do love all these things, I really really like to plan and pretend like I have things under control. So every once in a while Jesus reminds me that He is the one in control NOT ME! It is a learning process. 
-       While I have been raised a Christian, one of the biggest things that has brought me closer to Christ is my parent’s divorce right before I came to college. It was like a smack in face that I indeed was not in control ha. Life has just been crazy since and I am blessed to have my brother, sisters, and Christopher, a man of God, to be with me through it all. Basically now I have this enormous family (10 immediate siblings) whom I love and I know that I will never be homeless because of haha. I love life and how crazy it is!

I love my family <3

R (Recommendation): My recommendation to you is the hope that this awesome team of girls (whom I have not yet met but I know is awesome!) has lots of prayer support.  That is all I ask! Also, if nothing could go drastically wrong with the wedding while I am gone, that would be good too!

Lots and lots of Love! ~ Page 

1 comment:

  1. Page soon-to-be MATLOCK--

    I love you dearly and I wanted you to know that I am reading your BLOG!!! I'm so proud of you and the fact that you are taking this huge leap of faith by going to Africa (right before your wedding, in fact, which is CRAZY!). I will be praying for you :) I'm sure you are going to have many amazing adventures and discover new things about yourself. It will be a trip of a life time! You are a fantastic young lady. Good luck in life and all that you do. I hope Chris makes you very happy.

    LOVE YOU <3,
    Kristen S.

    ReplyDelete