Sunday, May 13, 2012

It is finally here!


Hi Everyone! My name is Jessalyn Smith and I am also a senior nursing student from Indiana Wesleyan University. Time is just flying by and here we are the day before we fly out! I never expected to have the opportunity to go to Kenya when considering options for this nursing practicum but I am excited for the chance to adventure here with all of you. When I was little, I aspired to be a pediatrician so that I could help sick children in third world countries. Hearing my Grandma’s stories about her missionary days in Kenya inspired me to think about options outside the United States. As I explored career options, I decided that nursing would be a better fit for me because I like the hands-on interaction with people, but I am still interested in working with children. As I am now preparing for my senior year of nursing school, I am thinking about the opportunities that may be available in the future. I am looking forward to this trip because this is my first experience with medical missions and we get to play with kids for two weeks! I am going on this trip to see nursing in another way; the rest is in God’s hands…



Since the theme seems to be sharing some favorites or fun facts, here are some of mine…

Hometown:  Wixom, MI

Things I like: spending time with family and friends, the color pink, the movie Mulan, biology, being outside, traveling, helping people, peppermint tea, peanut butter and chocolate

Random Facts: my right eye is half blue and half green, I would like to visit every continent in my lifetime and I am unfortunately a procrastinator!

Looking forward to meeting you all in Amsterdam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment