Monday, May 7, 2012

On the countdown!


Hey everyone!  My name is Ashley Holmes.  I will be a senior nursing student at Indiana Wesleyan University this coming fall (Wow! where did the time go?).  I am very excited about this trip but to be completely honest at the same time nervous because this is way out of my comfort zone.  I never been on a mission’s trip so why not start off with oh ya know Africa. ha!  However I know God’s hand is completely covering over this trip and our team.  He has taught me in preparation for Kenya that I just need to trust him and he will take care of the rest!  Why is this so hard sometimes?!?  I like Emily was planning on going to Sierra Leone but plans changed and now headed to Kenya and I am so super eager to get there to meet everyone and most importantly share the gospel with the people we will be serving!  Here are just a few things about me personally…


Hometown: Holland, MI (yes, I am smitten with the mitten…for you Oregon girls I will have to show you on my hand where I live :))

Family: Dad, Mom, and younger brother, Bryan who is a junior in high school


Pet: a cute little mutt named Sydney

Nursing: My mom and grandma are both nurses.  When I was younger I wanted nothing to do with it and always planned on being a teacher.  Not until my senior year of high school did I decide to pursue nursing and so glad I changed my mind!  As for after I graduate, I do not know what is in store but I do love kids and senior citizens.  (Odd combo I know).  So we’ll see what happens!

Loves: donuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate, laughing, jokes, sports, pintrest (addicted actually), all things wedding, fall, reading Karen Kingsbury books, headbands, and catching up with friends over a good cup of coffee.

Random fact for the day…just leaned what YOLO stands for.

Cannot wait to journey on this trip with you all!

2 comments:

  1. Donuts...heehee... :) Also I feel bad cuz I forgot to put a picture on my post. Sad day. 7 days, I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does yolo mean?

    ReplyDelete